Christopher T. Greco
Detective Christopher T. Greco (retired) was a police officer with the City of New Rochelle Police Department for twenty-five years until his retirement in August of 2021. Prior to his appointment in 1996 Detective Greco served as a police officer with the Amtrak Police Department. During his career with the New Rochelle Police Department Detective Greco served in the Patrol Services Division, Police and Community Together Unit and the Special Investigations Unit. For the last 16 years of his career, Detective Greco was assigned to the General Investigations Unit – responsible for investigating “crimes against people” including homicide, robbery, rape, child abuse and assaults.
Detective Greco is the recipient of numerous departmental awards and citations including Investigator of the Year; Corporate Crime Investigator of the Year; Police Officer of the Year; Police Commissioners Award; New York State Shields Hero of the Month Award; Journal News Honor Award; 11 Class “C” Citations; 5 Commendation Awards and was awarded Officer of the Month seven times.
In addition to his police duties Detective Greco is the former President of the Police Association of New Rochelle from 2014-2021. His responsibilities include, but were not limited to representing police officers and detectives in disciplinary and contractual matters and promoting and improving the welfare of all Association members. As President, Detective Greco spearheaded numerous community outreach projects including annual coat drives, soup kitchens, toy drives, and an annual holiday gift giving campaign.
Detective Greco is responsible for the development and implementation of the New Rochelle Police Project Lifesaver Program; a program designed to help and locate individuals affected by Autism and other developmental disabilities who may wander or get lost.
Detective Greco has a fifteen year old non-verbal Autistic son, who prior to being hospitalized since 2018, had a high risk of wandering. The Project Lifesaver program was implemented in 2015 after his son went missing for a few brief moments on the beaches of the Jersey Shore. Christopher Greco is also a New York State Certified Real Estate Appraiser, New York State Licensed Home Inspector and a New York State Associate Real Estate Broker.
Awards & Recognition:
- May 2020 – Detective Greco was awarded with the Westchester Magazine Healthcare Hero Award – an award that is only given to 13 recipients.
- April 3rd, 2020 – Detective Greco was featured on Westchester County (WABC) First Responder Friday for his inspiring work as the founder of Christopher’s Voice.
- May 2nd, 2019 – Detective Greco was awarded the O’Connor Gado Impact Award from the Police Association of New Rochelle for his commitment and work within the Autism Community in New Rochelle and beyond.
- October 29, 2018 – Detective Greco received the Hudson Gateway Association of Realtors “Stephanie Crispinelli Humanitarian Award” in appreciation of his “Extraordinary Community Outreach Efforts”.
- June of 2017 – Detective Christopher Greco received the New Rochelle Council of Community Services Award for “Outstanding Service, Dedication and Commitment to the People of New Rochelle” – for spearheading the New Rochelle Project Lifesaver Program and the New Rochelle Police Autism Patch Challenge within the emergency services community throughout Westchester County and beyond.
- April 2017 – Detective Greco was appointed to the Westchester County Autism Advisory Board.
- November 26, 2016 – Detective Greco received the Keith Morris First Responder Award from Butterflies From Jodi, (New Rochelle NY) for community service and implementation of the New Rochelle Project Lifesaver Program.
- October 29, 2016 – Detective Greco received the Community Service and Leadership Award from the Calabria Society of New Rochelle, NY for his community outreach in New Rochelle and beyond.
- October 2016 – Detective Greco was an invited guest speaker at the annual Project Lifesaver conference in Las Vegas where he discussed how he was able to raise the funds necessary to implement Project Lifesaver and about his personal experience as a father of an autistic child.
- May 2016 – Detective Greco received the Arthur Luis Klein Award from the New Rochelle Police Department for his community outreach and for the development of the New Rochelle Project Lifesaver program.
- Detective Greco previously served as President of the Isle of Sans Souci Homeowners Association (New Rochelle).
- Detective Greco is a graduate of Binghamton University.
- Detective Greco is also a New York State Licensed Real Estate Associate Broker and a New York State Certified Real Estate Appraiser
- Detective Greco lives in New Rochelle with his wife Tracy and their two children, Christopher (13) and Gabriella (8) – their greatest accomplishments.